Uruuruwhenua Health Inc
Empowering Whänau To Reach Their Full Potential
Working in partnership to provide quality healthcare services to you and your whänau.
We can assist and empower you to make responsible choices that impact positively on your lifestyle.
Our Services include:
- Mauri Ora
- Smoking Cessation
- Health Lifestyle Choices
- Health Promotion Activities
- Education on Health Topics
- Community Gardens
- Linkages with Other Services
- Oral Health
- Alcohol & Drug
- Diabetes Management
- Astham & HeartHealth
- Sexual Health
- Wahine & TaneHealth
- Child Health
- Other areas of Health
The meaning of our logo
This image is of a woman Käiamio, surrounding her head is the atea; a space of thought and mental health. Her arms depict two birds opposing one another and represent the comings and goings of the people of this area. The arms signify the nurturing and supportive concepts of whänau.
In the centre of her whäre-tangata, there is a mountain, giving birth to life and good health.
Uruuruwhenua Health Inc. will develop a Whänau Ora health provision model of excellence for Uruuruwhenua whänau in planning healthier futures.
The range of principles guiding the Uruuruwhenua community in developing the Mauri Ora model are:
- Inclusion and Diversity: welcoming the diversity of people and their ideas in growing whänau
- Integration and Collaboration: Central Otago community working purposefully together to achieve whänau
- Innovation and Adaptation: design and develop Health Programmes best suited to the needs of the Uruuruwhenua